Compression Hosiery items feature varying amounts of graduated pressure, such that the pressure is highest around the lower leg and lower as the stockings travel upwards. This helps to compress veins and arteries in the legs, effectively pushing blood flow up the leg and increasing healthy circulation.
There are a number of ways in which compression pantyhose can be beneficial to wearers and relieve discomfort, such as:
- Compression Hosiery can help increase blood flow and circulation.
- Compression Hosiery works to alleviate edema (swelling) and/or thrombosis (blood clot) of the legs
- Compression Hosiery is effective at helping to treat leg vein problems like varicose veins and other venous problems
Recommended by many doctors, compression pantyhose can be found with varying degrees of pressure and graduated support, including:
10-15 mmHG Compression is considered a Gentle compression.
- Great for everyday preventative support.
- Safe for diabetics.
- It will reduce leg fatigue and aches.
- It will prevent minor leg, ankle and foot swelling.
- Protects feet and lower legs.
15-20 mmHG Compression is considered a Moderate compression.
- Ideal following surgery, during and after pregnancy and when traveling.
- Prevents swelling in legs ankles, and feet.
- Alleviates early lower limb conditions and encourages circulatory wellness.
20-30 mmHG Compression is considered Firm compression.
- Recommended during and after pregnancy and following vein procedures.
- It controls moderate to severe edema and varicosities as well as superficial thrombophlebitis.
- Helps prevent recurrence of venous ulcerations and protect against deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
For best fit, see our Compression Size Chart